Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

~How To Make Your Own Handmade Cards~

In addition to scrapbooking, I have also started making handmade cards...It is fun, and I really enjoy writing my own quotes (and sharing others) and then creating something pretty!  Here are the steps, if you would like to try it!

~The first step to making handmade greeting cards is gathering all your supplies. You will need card stock, acid free scrapbooking paper, glue dots or double sided tape, photos, stamp pads, markers, and photo paper, embellishments, and stickers.  I also use brads and paper clips. 

~After deciding what images and sentiments you want to put on your card, you are ready to get started!  You can stamp designs and color them with markers, or you can type quotes on your computer and use your own photos.  Most of my cards are typed quotes on front, then you slide the top paper over and I attach a photo, and this is where you would add your journaling. 

~If you decide to completely hand make your card, you need to decide on what papers you want to use. Glue them on to card stock. It is fun to mix several different patterns. Add your rubber stamped image that you colored in with markers or your quote and photo, and add some embellishments.  Then you are done! 

~If you try this, please send me a pic via email! I would love to post them on my site! poshcreations4u@gmail.com  If you would like to purchase one or more of mine, They are $3.95 each, plus $2.50 shipping....They are totally adorable, and the best part about most of my cards, they can also be used as embellishments....Through some of my older blog posts you will find pictures of them.  I am starting a new line for expecting mothers, when I return to the studio in a couple of weeks...I have tons of ideas, and have already started writing my own quotes.  I can't wait to share these with you.

No comments: